VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Punches and Big Shot



This is the final blog hop for the summer of VC_Rocks. We're featuring punches, Simply Scored and Big Shot fun.

If you're following the hop you came from Carey Roger's Blog. Didn't you like her card made with the framelit? Too cute!

If you missed the start of the hop, you can get a complete list at the VC_rocks blog






I always loved our punches. I love how it's easy to punch out a stamped image and then center it on a matte. Maybe you want to punch the matte too. Anyway. I own almost all of our current punches and have tons of retired ones as well. I have so many that I keep them in 3 locations. I have some in a shoe holder on the back of my craft room door, some more on a rail on the wall and still others in a desk drawer. Here's some pics of my scattered punch storage. I used to have them all in the shoe holders but I got so many that the holders fell down, the punches flew everywhere and it created a big mess. So don't overload your storage options. I really need to get them all in one place again but I don't think my craft room is big enough and I can't see my hubby letting me take over the rec room for more than an occasional class or stamping session.










So here are some cute paper clips I made with the new Holiday Framelits and our punches:

The framelits are so much fun. Just like punching only I get to use the Big Shot too. They come in alll these amazing shapes and cut out very nice pieces without the rough edges that you sometimes get from punches. Of course, punching through some aluminum foil will help with that too. The other things I used are:





  • 1 3/4 scallop circle punch 119854
  • 2 1/2 inch circle 120906
  • 1 3/8 inch circle 119860


    Finally I've been making Post- It holders again. I love these. They are a great gift for anyone on your list. Throw one in the car, in your purse, the tool box, the tackle box, a suitcase. Perfect to write a quick note and stick anywhere. Great for anyone. Easy to make too. Cut your cardstock to 3 1/2 x 8. Then, using our awesome scoring tool- Simply Scored, score using the long side at 3 1/4, 3 3/4, and 4 1/4. Fold along the 3 3/4 line and cut a tab just to the other score lines. This will pop out and be used to hold the pen. Adhere the inside fold with sticky tape. Attach post-it inside, decorate the outside with stamps and embellies. This image is from the new Wonderful Winterland set in the Holiday Catalog. Isn't it cute? There are a lot of cute images in that set. Have fun!





     Speaking of fun, the next blog in this hop belongs to Brenda Hugar Stop by and see what goodies she has this time. 

    Comments

    Krafting Karen said…
    Very cute! I'm getting in the Christmas spirit!!!
    Carey said…
    I love it and will have to make a few of these. Maybe this will be my Christmas present for the people at work. I think they would be dissapointed to not get chocolate. Nurses love chocolate just as much as a stamper.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy
    Tricia Butts said…
    Great Christmas ideas. Just love the paperclips and your Post-It Holder is so adorable. Thanks for sharing.
    Tricia Butts
    http://www.triciastampingcreations.blogspot.com
    stampershirley said…
    Love both your projects - I also love to make and give the post-it-note holders --- always so useful. I am seeing a stamping/creative day coming up for me!
    Oh so cute, great idea or stocking stuffers. Thanks for sharing.
    Brenda said…
    June your projects are great. Love the paperclips, but that post-it note holder is too precious. TFS
    Anonymous said…
    Thanks for the great Christmas gift ideas. I guess I should really begin to think about Christmas in order to get everything accomplished! :)
    Marsha
    bestprepgirl@comcast.net
    Anonymous said…
    Thanks for the great Christmas gift ideas. I guess I should really begin to think about Christmas in order to get everything accomplished! :)
    Marsha
    bestprepgirl@comcast.net
    MJ said…
    How sweet these projects are. Love them both.
    Patrice Herrera said…
    Yep these are too cute! You always do such a great job creating. Thanks!
    Elizabeth said…
    Love these ideas! The post it note holder is so cute!
    Shari said…
    Cute, June! I need to make some of those paperclips for fall craft shows.
    Janice said…
    Very cute projects. I haven't done a post-it-note holder in a long time, you have inspired me to make some for presents and "handouts". Love the paperclips, the candy cane is to die for.

    Popular posts from this blog

    VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Any size card

    VC_rocks Blog hop- Hostess Gifts and other non-card projects